If you have had any experience of claiming Universal Credit, the Work & Pensions Committee would like to hear from you. The deadline is 13th October. Please follow this link to contribute to the web forum: https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/work-and-pensions-committee/web-forum-unviersal-credit-rollout/
We would like to find out what worked well during the claiming process, what did not work, and what improvements you think could be made. You might want to tell us about:
- Which Jobcentre or geographic area did you apply for Universal Credit in
- How you found the process of setting up an application (eg. making an initial appointment with Jobcentre Plus, applying online)
- Whether you received your first payment when you expected to and whether you were paid the right amount
- Any support you received in managing until the first payment: for example, did you request or receive an Advance Payment?
- How UC has affected your ability to manage your money, including budgeting for rent, food and bills.