Spread the word! The online survey seeking your views on the shape of a Care Association for Norfolk is live and can be accessed at
The survey will run until 11 pm on the 8th February 2019 and has questions on the purpose, priorities and structure of a potential Care Association for Norfolk. It will take approximately 20 -25 minutes to complete.
You can also find it on the consultation website: www.norfolkcareassociationconsultation.com
There are already a number of Care Associations across England, offering a wide range of services to social care providers including:
- negotiation of fees with the local authorities and health;
- working alongside commissioners on policy, guidance and the introduction of new processes and systems
- peer support networks
- helping providers with recruitment, business, legal and HR advice
- DBS checks;
- discounted bulk purchasing schemes; and
- access to training.
We can learn a great deal from other Associations, but we want to ensure that a Norfolk Care Association delivers on the priorities identified by Norfolk employers for Norfolk residents.
We also want to make sure that the new Care Association will fully represent the diverse range of providers and social care services, so you will also find questions about membership, communication and funding.
The survey was designed by a group from University of East Anglia (UEA) and University of Suffolk (UoS), based on findings from consultation events held across the county in October and attended by 78 representatives from the social care sector. It has been commissioned by the provider-led Executive Steering Group for the ‘Shaping a Care Association for Norfolk Consultation’. You will find further information on the membership of the University Team and the Executive Steering Group on our consultation website.
Our Market Connectors will also be out and about raising awareness of the survey to help us get maximum engagement across the sector and to ensure we hear as many voices as possible.
We know life is busy and time is precious so thank you in advance for your commitment to this important project.
The Executive Steering Group – Shaping a Care Association for Norfolk
- Association Representing Mental health Care (ARMC)
- Community Action Norfolk (CAN)
- Norfolk and Suffolk Care Support Ltd (N&SCS)
- Norfolk County Council (NCC)
- Norfolk Community Health & Care NHS Trust (NCH&C)
- Norfolk Continuing Care Partnership (NCCP)
- Norfolk Independent Care (NIC)
- Norfolk Older People’s Strategic Partnership
- Voluntary Norfolk