Changes to Disability Assessments Announced
The Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, Amber Rudd has announced changes to the disability assessments in order to receive Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Universal Credit (UC).
The announcements include:
• A new system from 2021 to allow people to share evidence between Universal Credit (UC) and Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
• A test of one ‘integrated assessment’ that would cover UC and PIP assessments.
• A test of reducing requirements to look for work for disabled people waiting for a benefits assessment.
• A review of the internal process used by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to review benefits decisions.
• An end to award reviews for people receiving PIP who are above state pension age.
You can read more on the MIND website