Funded by Locality, Award for All and Equal lives, This project is for disabled people, their families and communities from ethnic minorities in Norfolk. This is a one year project ending 31st March 2015.
The Disabled BME Project is about listening to the concerns of disabled people in BME communities across Norfolk, build relationships with individuals and their community; help them take action on their own behalf on the local issues that matter to them.
“We will listen to you, your family and carers as well as leaders of your community regarding any concerns you may have or about disabling barriers you may be facing in your community. We will also be asking you for your ideas to make your community a better place. With you we will turn these ideas into reality.”
Recent ideas include; the formation of a carers group and the creation of a booklet to assist health care practitioners understand culturally appropriate care requirements.
We can support you to:-
- Develop practical solutions to turn an idea into reality;
- Assist in project planning;
- Find and access resources to commence a project(s);
- Write any funding applications;
- Organise fund raising events;
- Write a business plan;
- Link up/signpost with/to relevant organisations to provide support;
- Promote an understanding of cultural needs within the community and health practitioners;
- Provide development workshops.
For more information or to volunteer with the project please get in touch!