About the role
We are looking for trustees who can share our passion to free the world of disabling barriers and are positive advocates in promoting the social model of disability. This may be through:
- Personal experience of disability
- Work experience of disability issues
- Or by supporting others
We are looking for applicants from all backgrounds who can bring:
- Good leadership skills
- Business and finance skills
- Contribute to decisions and support the actions required for the future development of Equal Lives.
- Ability to work well individually on projects, then able to come together as a team.
The Board of trustees meet quarterly for full meeting, normally outside of weekly working business hours, currently via teams. They may also be expected to occasionally work in sub-committees or attend external meetings. Accumulated time needed during a year would be 2-3 hours work per month.
A trustee’s term of office normally lasts for 3 years.
Trustees can claim out of pocket expenses. Training and support will be offered on an ongoing basis to keep you up to date in this important role.